PhD in Law Candidate, Newnham College, University of Cambridge, 2015-2018
The Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration, 2010-2013
- Graduate Degree in Law (Russian equivalent of PhD)
- Thesis title: Liability of Transboundary Corporate Groups: Theory and Practice
- Supervisor: Professor Tatiana Neshataeva, Vice-President of the Court of the Eurasian Economic Community, Merited Lawyer of the Russian Federation
Perm State University, 2002-2007
- LLB, First Class Honours
- Qualified as a Russian solicitor
- Exchange semesters at the University of Turku in Finland (2004) and Leuphana University Lüneburg in Germany (2005)
- Winner of the Russian rounds of Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition (2006)
Academic Work Experience
Perm State University, Tutor, Private International Law (2013-2015)
Russian Academy of Justice, Coach of team participating in the Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition (2012)
I am a Russian qualified solicitor with 8 years PQE and extensive experience in mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, corporate governance and other corporate law issues. I have previously worked in a major international law firm, one of the leading construction companies in the Russian and CIS market and independent private equity consultant ranked in the top 15 investment consultants of the Russian Federation.
Research assistant to Treaty Initiative, project to develop a treaty on business and human rights launched by FIDH and the International Network for Economic, Social and Cultural Rights (ESCR-Net) (2016)
Fields of research
Business and Human Rights, Corporate Social Responsibility, Private International Law, Comparative Law
Tort Liability of Transnational Corporations: The Challenge of Jurisdiction
I conduct research on potential for framing uniform jurisdictional rules at the international level to respond to a lacuna in the law in which transnational corporations (“TNCs”) are able to acts of private negligence (including serious human rights abuses and environmental damage) with impunity. The doctrinal and theoretical research conducted in the thesis seeks to contribute to the small but emerging literature on tort litigation against parent companies of TNCs in home states. By the conclusion of my project I hope to provide some sensible and pragmatic suggestions for how uniform jurisdictional rules may hold TNCs accountable, including some draft model uniform jurisdiction rules.
Dr. Pippa Rogerson
- E.A. Aristova. Liability of Transboundary Corporate Groups: Theory and Practice. Infotropic, 2014 (in Russian)
- E.A. Aristova. Piercing the corporate veil in USA and UK, Russian Justice. 2013. No. 1. P. 50-61 (in Russian)
- E.A. Aristova. Accountability of transboundary corporate groups under public international law, Reporter of Perm State University. Legal science. 2012. Issue 4(18). P. 210-222 (in Russian)
- E.A. Aristova. Application of the control theory to the determination of the nationality of the foreign investor, Russian Justice. 2012. No. 11. P. 46-52 (in Russian)
- E. Aristova. Jurisdiction of the English courts over overseas human rights abuses, Cambridge Law Journal. November 2016. Volume 75. Issue 3. P. 468-471.
- E. Aristova. UK court on tort litigation against transnational corporations Conflict of Laws.net, 23 June 2016
- E. Aristova. Suing TNCs in the English courts: the challenge of jurisdiction Conflict of Laws.net 1 February 2017
- E.A. Aristova. Business and human rights in Russia: recent trends. EHRAC Bulletin. Issue 23. Summer. 2015. P. 8-9.
- E.A. Aristova. Perspectives for the unification of the norms on the accountability of transboundary corporate groups, Materials of the international academic and research conference (Perm State University, 12 October 2012). P. 266-268 (in Russian)
- E.A. Aristova. Scope of the limited liability principle, Materials of the All-Russian Conference of Young Scientists (Perm State University, 28-30 April 2011). P. 73-75 (in Russian)
- E.A. Aristova. Tort liability of parent companies of TNCs, Perm Congress of Young Scientists (Perm State University, 22 October 2010). P. 174-177 (in Russian)
- E.A. Aristova. International personality of TNCs, Materials of All-Russian student science conference (Perm State University, May 2006). P. 97-100 (in Russian)